Thursday, April 27, 2006

It's Hard To Let Go





My son has a really hard time getting rid of things that he has loved, just because he grows out of them. It has been very hard for him during this last growth spurt. The only thing that made him feel better was to take a picture of the beloved item so that it could be documented and looked at whenever the urge came. I love that he cares so much about all the little things in life. He is very loving and sensitve but it can be hard when we are trying to get him shoes that fit. I went through all the explantions, that his feet need room to grow, we could make it a fun day and get him "NEW SHOES", that it was a good thing that he was growing, but it was a no go. In the end I had to just put my foot down and tell him that I would not be a good mama if I let him wear little shoes and his toes got all deformed and he finally relented. And in the end we will end up with a very good invintory of all the possesions he has loved through his life. The mind of a 5 year old is hard to understand sometimes.

1 comment:

devon said...

Hopefully my kids don't get crazy attatched to their little clothes, i'm bad enough for all of us. But i think Kli is too cute and you have a great solution!