Thursday, April 27, 2006

Garden




We just planted our garden. We live in the city and have a very small backyard but I love to have a garden so we made a little room for one. We have planted a garden the past two or three years but we always end up moving before we can see it really produce. This year we will be here long enough to really enjoy it. We planted tomatoes, herbs, watermelon, pumpkins, squash, and cucumbers. I will keep you updated to see if it does good. I have this book called, You Grow Girl, that has a lot of really good tips about gardening. I have learned a lot but I think it just takes a lot practice and trying different things to really learn how to garden. It is fun for the kids to watch a little seed or small plant produce somthing that we can actually eat. It is a way for them to see a small miracle right before there eyes.

1 comment:

phd dissertation writing said...

I think some gardens are for ornamental purposes only, while some gardens also produce food crops, sometimes in separate areas, or sometimes intermixed with the ornamental plants.