Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter ( a little late)

I am so behind in writing. There are things that I want to write about but it is so hard to find the time. I am almost always holding the baby so it is hard to type with one hand. When I am not holding the baby I am helping one kid or another or spending much needed time with them.

So, happy Easter. We had a very low key day here at our house with my parents and sister. We went to church, came home and ate, hung out a bit and then they left and I took a very long nap. I am sick. I think that it is a sinus infection. I seem to get one almost every year at this time. I am trying to fight it off myself but I usually end up at the doctor getting some antibiotics. I hope I can fight it.

Today was one of those days where I felt so bad and sick that it was asking a lot just to get through the day with all three kids. My husband had a meeting out of town so he was gone all day. Lets just say that we watched a lot of tv and layed around a lot. But we did make it through and I am hoping that with a good nights sleep things will be looking up tomorrow. We have a field trip that the kids are really looking forward so we will be doing that. It is to Sutters Fort and they will be dressing up. I will post pictures because I think they look really cute.

The best news for us though is that we have a date for our adoption hearing. It is July 12th. We are so excited. We had been told that it would most likely take a lot longer but God has really blessed us and made everything go very smoothly.

It has been a long week and things have not really been going so smoothly. There have been sicknesses with friends and losses. There have been hurts and frustrations but in the end God will get the glory and there will be light.

I read a friends blog today and learned that her son wanted to pray and ask God into his heart. These things make my day a little brighter.

4 comments:

Larissa said...

i'm sorry you are sick and having a rough week. i am glad that you are excited about finalizing your new little member of the family- we are so happy for you guys.
i hope next week is much happier for all of you, and that you're feeling better. can't wait to see pictures of them dressed up at sutters fort!

Anonymous said...

I think that it is these kinds of days, the ones we are sick and dragging through that are the true Mama's tests. I'm feeling for you, Jessie, it's so hard sometimes... so much love to you and your wonderful family.

kddub said...

I wish mama's got special immunity so we'd never get sick, it makes things hard! I hope you are feeling well soon.

Rebeca said...

I hope you're feeling better! And belated Easter greetings to you as well! Christ is Risen!