Sunday, May 07, 2006

Mexico

So, I had a wonderful time in Mexico with my friend, Vanessa. We did so much in the four days that we were there. We swam in the ocean and the pool. We ate wonderful Mexican food. We went snorkeling and saw some great fish. We even saw dolphins on our boat ride out to the place to snorkel called Los Arcos. Vanessa is a great friend to go on a trip with. She is up for anything and she pushes me to get out of my comfort zone. We explored a lot and tryed to use our very limited Spanish. I really love Mexico and the people. They are so sweet and friendly. I went to Costco when I got back and I found myself wanting to talk to people there because that is what we did in Mexico but here if you do that people think you are crazy. I think I might just do it anyway because I think we need to be more friendly and helpful.




We got shaved ice that was really yummy. They put this custard type thing on the top and it makes it soooo good.









This was our "big night out" We got dressed up ( can you tell) and went out to dinner. We tryed to find this seafood restaurant that we were told about but we could not find it. Instead we found this other restaurant that our friend , Stacy, told us was good. She also said that the margaritas are " as big as your head"

And as you can see by this picture they really were.






After our big dinner that was so good we walked down to the main square and watched these guys perform. They were like clowns that were putting on this random show. It was funny even though we only understood some of it. The guy that did fire was pretty incredible.








So, overall it was a really great trip. I felt so relaxed when I came home. I was really ready to see my family but it was a nice feeling. They had a good time with their dad and were not to sad about me being gone. I really, really love Mexico. I love the people and the food. I love the culture and the language. Next time I want to take my family so that they can experience it also.

2 comments:

devon said...

Well, i know about some great mexican culture here in sac. La Fiesta is our favorite mexican eats and the people are JUST like the ones you fall in love with in central america. We should go there some day, maybe this week? Its a bit of a walk from our house, or a bike ride...

urban mama said...

We love La Fiesta, sounds wonderful