Saturday, May 13, 2006

ME



This picture really looks like "me". It was taken at the beach, I was with my family, and I am drinking coffee. All the things that I really enjoy. The only thing missing is a good book.

A few things that I have discovered about myself:

1. I do not really like book clubs. I thought that I would because I love to read but I have discovered that I do not like having my reading controlled. Reading is my escape and I love to do it. I have some weird things about my reading. I have to read before I go to bed. If I try to go to sleep without reading I just lay there awake until I read, even just a little bit. I can have a couple of books going at one time but they have to be different types of books. I also have a weird time thing where I like to end a chapter at an even time like 10 or 10:15 or 10:30 but not 10:25. Weird I know. That last part has slacked a bit since I had kids.

2. I love, love coffee. It tastes so good first thing in the morning. It is also the treat that I have if I happen to be out without my kids. I love to sit and have coffee with a friend while we talk and if I am with my extented family we will be drinking it all day long. My great-great grandpa is quoted as saying " that's what I like, a good hot cup of coffee" I must get it from him. Now that I have kids and my coffee drinking gets interupted so much I will put my cup in the microwave , sometimes a couple of times to reheat my coffee before I finish it. I like it really hot.

3. I really like being a mom. I have been one now for 5 years almost 5 and a half and I feel like I am finally gettting the hang of it. I have my hard days but I truly believe that this is what I was made to do. I like being my own boss, well if you ask my two year old she might say she is the boss. I like that there are not any dress codes. I like being here for all the little cute things my kids say and do. I just really like it.

4. I like having friends. I like that I have many different friends from different places. Married, single, kids, no kids, friends I have had forever and new friends. I think that the people in our lives bring so much that changes us and helps create who we are and who we become.

I am 27 years old and I feel like I am still discovering so many things about myself. It is just little things but still, it makes me wonder if it will always be like this. Are you always discoving new things about yourself?

3 comments:

1weirdgirl said...

i think it is always like this, at least i hope it is.. i like to think i know myself really well, but i also like feeling like a mystery that is slowly unravelling... but especially with kids it is this way i think... i mean i never could have known what kind of mother i would be till i was one, and every new thing that they do brings a new thing out in me... marriage too... i guess just life in general is always changing us...
i like reading your blog, and i'm glad to have met you in person finally, and hope we do get to hang out...

Rae said...

I love this post, Jessie, it's so good to learn more about you. I love to read too, it's probably my favorite thing to do in the world, and I don't know about book clubs but I can't even read the One Year Bible because it feels so controlled and then I get behind and overwhelmed....

I just got a new book for my birthday by one of my favorite authors and I'm so excited that I started reading it even though I'm in the middle of another book. It's called Digging to America by Anne Tyler and so far I love it!

devon said...

I love to read, and just finished 'the remains of the day'. so good! i think that every book i want to read right now is because of a movie i've seen and loved. like how i first saw 'a room with a view' and then read the book and loved it imensely. Now i want to read every jane austen book because i think i've seen every movie they've adapted from her books. both bbc versions and hollywood. Even scott shares my love for pride and prejudice and has seen the bbc version with me twice and had similar critcisms for the brand new one. anyway, i love reading your blog jesse.