Monday, November 06, 2006

Turning 28!!!



Tomorrow November 7th I will turn 28 years old. I love birthdays. I love my birthday and I love other peoples birthdays. I feel like I have been celebrating my birthday for a long time already but tomorrow is the official day and so I thought I would share my birthday thoughts.

Wishes for this next year:

1. That we get our new baby through the adoption and that we all adjust well

2. That I continue to exercise because it makes me a better person

3. That I will continue to mature and grow as a person


Facts about me:

I was a little over 8lbs at birth. I am the first born. Like most first borns I was a stubborn child and still am. I was born in Auburn, Ca. I had very chubby cheeks just like my daughter did. People say I look just like my mom.

I have always liked birthdays and thought that they were and are very special.

Some of my friends like that I try out an age before they get to it. I don't really mind because I feel like with every year that I get older, I get more sure of myself, I enjoy life even more, and I have less people to impress.

A special birthday memory:
I do not remember exactly which birthday it was. I think about 5th or 6th. I really wanted one of those birthday cakes where the cake is the dress of a barbie doll and you put the doll in the top. I had seen a picture of one that my dad had made when he was younger and so that is what I asked for. Well, when my dad went to make it he had a really hard time. I do not know exactly what was going wrong because I was in bed but I know that he stayed up most of the night working on it and when I woke up it was done and it was beautiful. I was so happy to have that cake for my birthday.

So, here I go into the unknown of 28 and excited to see what is going to happen.

5 comments:

kddub said...

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day.

Rae said...

I like your pictures and hope that you had a wonderful birthday!!!

devon said...

Happy Birthday!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday!
I always wanted a doll in a cake, too. I think I had one, one year. How sweet your father made it for you.

kddub said...

I think you tell her that every year!