Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Updates

My friends Kristen and Brody had their baby boy last night and everything went really well. It is their third boy and he is beautiful. I am so happy for them.

We have completed all of the paper work for our adoption and will be able to meet with a social worker soon.

I have started a whole new school program with my son and I am really liking it so far. We have only done it for two days but I am happy so far. It is the Sonlight program and I love that they include so much about other countries and missionaries. I am still getting the hang of it but he seems to be liking it and learning a lot.

My daughter had her first experience with shots today ( we choose not to do them all or at the time that you would regularly but we are not starting with some of them) I felt so bad for her today and now I am letting her just sit and watch movies.

I got to spend the weekend with my mom and sister and had a really nice time. We shopped and ate and shopped and ate and did a little more shopping and eating. I am glad I got to spend that time with them.

I am going to now go and make lists. I do a lot better when I am feeling overwhelmed with things that need to get done if I make a list. Around this time of year I always need lots of lists.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome about their kid and your adoption. whatever happened to vanessa? you still in contact with her or katie boye?

urban mama said...

Vanessa lives here in Sacramento right now and is working for my husband. And Katie just moved back from Boston to L.A. and is working there with Autistic kids. She is loving her job. We all stay in pretty good contact.

Rae said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels so badly for my kids when they get shots. Sometimes I think it's my own fear of needles that makes me feel so bad for them :)