Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Coffee

Is it a problem that I really love coffee? That I could drink it all day, every day? We have this coffee maker that you put this little pod in and then pull the handle and it makes a cup of coffee right into your cup.

My son, who is almost six, has learned how to make coffee for me. He is so cute making it. He even knows how to put the cream and sugar in it. Let me tell you, he can make a really good cup of coffee.

The other day it was the late afternoon and he asked me,"do you want a cup of coffee mama?" It was just so sweet. He knows that it is something that I enjoy and it is something that he can now give to me.

My husband is amazing and sometimes I do not even want to tell people this because I feel so spoiled but most mornings he brings me a cup of coffee and the paper in bed. I get to have enough time to drink a cup of coffee and look through the paper. It also gives me some quite time before I have to take on the day. I know, I am totally spoiled but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

I was laying in bed thinking that when we are old and have been married for a million years this is one of those things that I will look back on and smile. It is a way to love me and touch my very heart.

Ok so maybe coffee is a weird topic to write about but it is the one pleasure that I look forward to everyday and it is a thing that is just for me. I do not have to share it or make it for anyone else and I can just sit and enjoy.

I also like that it is something that you can do with a friend or family. In my family we drink coffee non-stop. There is almost always a pot brewing. I think that is part of it. It reminds me of home. It is something that I watched my parents do everyday and now I am that parent. I like that everyone has their way of making their coffee. I like mine with cream and sugar. Not a lot but a little of both. Most of my family drinks it black.

We actually owned a coffee shop when my boy was about six months old. We both worked their but my husband more than me. It was fun to be able to make any drink we wanted any time. I liked to watch how different people acted in the morning. Some people were morning people and ready to take on the day and some were just dragging themselves in in order to get their coffee so that they could get the day started. It was a nice atmosphere to work in and when you are your own boss there is nobody looking over your shoulder. The hours were really hard and there was always more work to do. So, after awhile we sold it and now we just enjoy going to other peoples coffee shops.

There is nothing quite like a good strong cup of really hot coffee with a little cream and sugar, (especially if it is made by your amazing little boy)

2 comments:

Elena said...

We just got a coffee mill, and are very excited!

Larissa said...

that is so sweet that he makes you coffee!!