Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's a new year.... what does that mean

HAPPY NEW YEAR


I know that the normal thing to do for new years is to make resolutions. Or to reflect on the last year. I am having a hard time doing either because all I can think about is the new baby that will be joining our family some day (hopefully in the near future).

I tried to make resolutions and all I came up with was

1. exercise more ( that is always on my list)

2. have a new baby added to our family


Then I get stuck and start sitting and thinking about that.

It has been a great year. My kids have changed so much over the last year. I feel like I have changed also. I have read many good books, made new friends, and taken on the new endeavor to home school. But every time I try to look back and think about the last year all I can think about is the future and all the unknowns and I just kind of get stuck there.

So for this new year I think I will just sit and wait, well I have two kids so I will not really be sitting but you know what I mean.

Our life is a little bit on hold right now and I am so ready for us to be placed with a baby so that we can move on into the next stage of life as a family. I know it is in God's timing but that is easier to say than to live. I pray everyday for the new addition to our family. Wherever he or she might be and I will continue that from now on. I already feel like there is someone missing from our family and just want it to be complete. That might sound weird but we have made a place in our hearts for a child and now it needs to be filled.

On the other hand we had a wonderful vacation. My husband was back to work yesterday and I was back to teaching school and all the other normal things of life. It is hard to get back in the swing of things. It makes me feel like I am not doing a good job at homeschooling but I think we just need to get our rhythm back.

So, I am going to go jump feet first into our day and try to keep my mind off what is trying to fill every inch of my brain right now. I am so thankful that I have two wonderful distractions so that I do not drive myself completely crazy thinking about when and how and who ( the adoption will happen) It really is in God's timing and all this waiting will feel like seconds once I am holding our new baby in my arms.

No comments: