Thursday, January 18, 2007

NEW YORK, NEW YORK


We are leaving tonight to the BIG APPLE. I should be finishing our packing but I just wanted to write a little. Just a couple of days ago my husband asked if I wanted to go to New York with him. He needs to meet with a guy there about his job and we thought it would be a good opportunity to take the kids on a quick little trip before we get a new addition. The adoption placement is taking longer than we were thinking so it is a nice time to travel before we can't as easily. Our kids are at great ages to travel. I put them to bed so that they can get a couple of hours sleep before we have to wake them up to go to the airport. We are leaving at 11:30pm. This will be my third trip to New York.I love it there. Not the " I want to live there, love" but the " I love to visit it, love. I am hoping for a smooth trip but with little kids there is always some kind of adventure.

Like the first time I went to New York. My girl was only about 8 or 9 months old. We went on the same late flight that is a red eye. We went with friends of ours. She did really good on the flight but as soon as we landed she threw-up. That was pretty bad. Then we got on a bus to go to our hotel and she throws up again on the bus. We get off the bus and into a van. Then my husband discovers that he left his wallet on the bus. We have this great van driver and he tracks down the bus and a total miracle happens. My husbands wallet is still on the seat of the bus. In the meantime my daughter has pooped and it is leaking out onto my lap. Nothing like being a mom. We arrive at this really nice hotel and I am covered in throw up and poop. Not the kind of impression I wanted to make. I was never so happy to get into a hotel room and take a shower. My daughter was such a trooper through the whole thing. She was not even crying or anything. So I am just praying that this trip with the kids goes a whole lot better. I don't know if it could get much worse than that.

SO, I better go pack and double check everything. I think we are going to freeze our butts off but we will have fun. We always do.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

oh my goodness jessie! i remember that, i felt so bad for your poor little girl!! i hope she does much better this time, and make sure your husband keeps his wallet IN his pocket this time!! :) that was so crazy that he actually was able to get it back! i hope you guys have a great time!!