Friday, January 05, 2007

Treasure

I just went upstairs for the third time tonight to tell my daughter to go to sleep and stop banging on the wall. She asked if I would cuddle with her for a little bit. Usually I would tell her no because I had already cuddled with her and put her to bed and now it was time to just sleep but I decided a little bit would not hurt. I layed down next to her and she just layed there so still for awhile. Then she stroked my face and said, " you are my treasure" She has completely stolen my heart. I am so glad I agreed to one more cuddle.

4 comments:

Rebeca said...

Don't those moments make all the "other" kind of moments so worth it!

Larissa said...

that is so precious. it's sometimes so worth it to bend the 'rules' a bit and get something like that out of it!!

kddub said...

That made me cry.... Luella is precious.
I'm beging to truly realize that time is the most important thing we can give our kids, it's what they really want and "treasure."

Molly said...

My heart seriously fluttered! I love these moments! It always seems on the toughest days, when you can't see the end God blesses you with the gift of
angelic words. Out of the mouths of babes. I love it!!! Luella Rocks!