Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Dentist

This seems to be a theme lately around here. I went to the dentist today for a cleaning. I used to really dread going for a cleaning. It would hurt, feel like it was taking forever, and the sounds are just awful. Not any more. We have the greatest dentist ever. I went in this morning. I was asked what movie I would like to watch while I was getting my teeth cleaned. I picked My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Then I was offered a hot wax hand treatment so I thought, why not, so I sat in the chair with headphones on, watching a movie, my hands in warm gloves, and almost forgot that I was getting my teeth cleaned. It felt like I was at spa that I had to keep my mouth open at. I have got to say that we have scored with the dentist. Why can't every doctor, dentist, type appointment be like that?

5 comments:

kddub said...

I've heard more and more of dentists becoming like spas, it sounds wonderful and relaxing. I think many people must have fears of the dentist, probably because the sounds are so loud in your head. (maybe too, now you love the hour break at the dentist, so it seems that much more luxurious! :)

Larissa said...

that's crazy!! sounds like a wonderful break!! :)

Court said...

WOW!!! Sign me up to get my teeth cleaned. I was laughing at you Levi on med story, Aaron had three wisdom teeth pulled days after Tommy was born and he was pretty funny too! How are you? The kids? We are still looking for a place in SLO but enjoying things in the mean time...you all need to come visit...I am gonna call you soon I need to pick your brain about Taylor and school:)

The Secret Life of Kat said...

I want your dentist! Although, my dentist does have wifi and he even let me use my laptop while I waited for the hygenist to arrive....

Still, a movie...cool.

Anna said...

What?!? I hate going to the dentist more than the gynecologist, but if I had your dentist, I might have to change my mind.