Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Fourth of July

This has always been one of my favorite holidays. As a kid we did the same thing every year and I looked forward to it so much. We would go to this parade in a very small town where my parents had lived. The parade is so small that it goes around the loop, twice. It is one of those true small town experiences. Then we would go to my grandpa's house and have a BBQ with family and friends. In the evening we would make hot chocolate and bring snacks and drive up to Donner and watch the fireworks over the Donner Lake. It was a long, wonderful, fun day. For about three or four years in a row I would get sick on the Fourth of July. It was horrible. I wanted to do everything but I was sick and so sad. I even watched the fireworks laying down in the back of the car one year. I was not going to miss it even if I was sick. Thankfully that time has passed but I still love the Fourth.

Today we have plans to go to a little local parade near our new house, then home for naps (to get ready for the late night) and then watch the fireworks near the river with some friends. I am going to bring snacks and a blanket and enjoy the fireworks with my family.

Hope you all have a wonderful fourth of july and make many fond memories with your families.

1 comment:

kddub said...

sounds like fun! I always think of you on the fourth, because I remember your hot chocolate story.

Hope you had a good one, and that your kids enjoyed the fire works.