Sunday, July 01, 2007

Summer Vacation

We have had a weird summer so far. I started it with the thought that this is our last few months with all of us at home all together everyday since my oldest will be going to school in September. So, I had grand plans. We were going to make the most of each day. Swim, vacation, play in our back yard, and hang with friends.

So far we have moved, ( which has been the hardest move so far and I think it might have something to do with having three kids) we have dealt with the many changing attitudes of a three year old on a daily bases, and I have spent a good amount of time at the hospital with my sister.

We are now on our first official family vacation with all three kids. We were supposed to go to Tahoe for a week of relaxation. Then there was the horrible fire and we decided to make other plans because we did not know how bad it would be up there. We decided to go to this theme park in Gilroy called the Gilroy Gardens and then head down to Monterey and do the beach and aquarium. The theme park was a blast. It was perfect for our kids ages and they just had a blast. They could go on almost every ride there and there were water parks through out the place and trees everywhere. It really was a great place, especially with kids. Today has been a challenge. Breakfast was a nightmare with the three year old, then the beach was a nightmare so we headed back to the hotel to give her a nap in hopes that would help things. She woke up from her nap screaming and now my husband just dragged her out the door to go swimming (he is so mean to MAKE her go swimming). I am hoping that the water will snap her out of this attitude so that the rest of our vacation can be enjoyable. Have you noticed that I have not said anything about our boy or the baby? That is because they have been great and a total dream.

I do this a lot where I get my hopes up about something and imagine it a certain way and then it just is not that way at all. That happens to me pretty much every time we go on vacation. Sometimes I think maybe we should just stay home but then I think of all the fun times we have and in the end they out weigh the bad.

I am always a little relieved when the age of three passes for us. It has been a challenge with the first two. It is also one of the funnest stages.

Just last night as my husband was putting my daughter and son to bed he told them that they could not be talking to each other and not going to sleep. My daughter in response said, " OOOOK but we really like to talk. You got to just kiss that kid.

This is why we do this...



3 comments:

kddub said...

Looks like fun! Soon I'll know what you mean about taking a vacation with all three....

Larissa said...

looking forward to the age of 3 in another 2 months!! ;)
i'm glad you guys are at least ON vacation- hopefully it's awesome for you in the end.
how's everything with the move going?? are you settled yet?

Anonymous said...

Oh good gracious, the age of three. I thought it was bad with my first, but I think our girls are similar- strong willed! I bring the kids down to the river almost every day- the best time to fit it in is just before naptime, and I always know that I'm going to be pulling a crying girl along behind me when it is time to go. Sometimes I wonder why I bother, but I know that all she remembers is the fun, because every single time she is so excited to go and swim.

They test our patience! And then they are so stinking cute at the same time!