Sunday, December 10, 2006

Happy Birthday

To my first born son,

You turned six today. I can hardly believe it! Six sounds so old. I do not know how it happened so fast.

This year you was the first year that you wanted an all boy party. So we invited six boys over and had a fort party. You and your dad built forts all over our house. Then you guys played with dart guns and silly string and ran around like boys should. You were so excited about the whole thing. The friends, the cake, the presents, the fact that it was all for you.

You are becoming your own little person. You have your own ideas about how things should be and you are always wanting to learn. I am having a lot of fun teaching you this year. You are so interested in everything that it has made me get excited about leaning along with you.

You are a take charge kind of guy. You can enter a room and just make yourself comfortable. You make friends easily. You also have a strong sense of justice and can get very upset if you see a wrong being made.

I love that you still like to sit with me on the couch. You like to be read to and you like to cuddle. You are so sweet. You take me on little dates and you really like to spend time with people. You enjoy going to work with your dad and being grown up and you like to talk "business" with the guys.

You are an amazing big brother. You really look out for your sister and you truly love her. You are proud of her when she does something for the first time. You care when she gets hurt and you laugh when she is funny. You guys play with each other really well and I love watching your imaginations grow. You play king and queen, mom and dad, cooking, and cars and trains.

You are also our neat freak. Your room is always pretty clean and if I want to do and organizing project you are right there with me helping every step of the way.

When we ask you what you want to be when you grow up you say with no hesitation " I am going to work with daddy" You love to build things and are always coming up with new ideas of things to make. You really are our little builder.

This is the year that you stopped believing in Santa Claus because things were just not adding up for you. You still love Christmas and actually you enjoy every holiday.

You are our first born and so that means that we have had to try things out on you and see what works. I hope that has not been to hard for you. You are a good sport and I know you know we love you. I am looking forward to experiencing year six with you and seeing how you change and grow this year.

Happy Birthday my wonderful boy

Love,
Mama

No comments: