Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Monday morning

This has been a long week and it is only Wednesday.


Monday morning I woke up to my cell phone ringing. I answered it and then things felt like they were going in slow motion. It was my sister, she was very upset, not making a lot of sense, there had been a terrible accident, she was in the hospital, she was hurt, confused, and shaken up. I was shaking, called my parents and broke the news to them. They went to the hospital, I had to wait for the social worker to make her monthly visit. Finally she was done and I got in the car and went to the hospital.

ICU

My sister laying there. Looking so small, so hurt.

Fractured pelvic bone
Lacerated liver
Broken nose and forehead
Stitches above her eye
Puncture wound on her upper thigh

I almost lost my sister on Monday but she is going to be alright.

She has a very long recovery road ahead of her but they say she will heal

She is in a lot of pain, there is still a possibility of surgery but not very likely

They might move her out of the ICU today.

It has been a rough week. It is going to be long couple of weeks still.

God spared her life and we are all very thankful.

3 comments:

kddub said...

Oh thank God she's okay... I will pray for her and you all.

Larissa said...

wow, jessie! i am so sorry to hear that. we will be praying for your whole family. what a blessing she will be okay.

Susan said...

Hi Jessie~Mom told me about the accident. She went and saw Donia on her way down here to my house for a few days with us. I am so thankful that she is going to pull through this. Hey, can you send me your email? I have a website that you can contact me through...http://www.mrsfarrer.scent-team.com
Love & hugs,
Susan