Monday, June 04, 2007

Food Adventures

I try to teach my kids to have an open mind about eating. Tonight I told them that we should try a new restaurant that we had not been to before. It is a Greek restaurant so I was not really sure what to expect. I told them to keep their minds open and just give it a try. They might discover that they like it.

So, we go in and I order for the family. We sit down to hummus with pita bread, grilled vegis, and two gyros. My husband and I take a bite. And then a couple more. I start to wonder about the meat but do not want to say anything in front to the kids. Then I am starting to get really grossed out as I discover that it is LAMB! I do not like lamb, I do not eat lamb. How did I miss the fact that it was going to be lamb in my food.

I descretly slide my food away, my husband doing the same thing. Then we leave. I talk to the kids about how it is good to try new foods because how else will you know that you like it or not. We all decide that we are not to fond of this restaurant and will not be going back there.

I went into the whole adventure thinking that it would be good for the kids but it was me who was really in for an adventure.

Then we headed straight to Big Spoon ( our local frozen yogurt shop) so that I could get that horrible taste and thought out of my mind.

Peanut butter frozen yogurt with granola on top did the trick.

Lesson learned.. I might think my kids are picky but I have my things that I do not like to eat also.

No comments: