Friday, September 07, 2007

First Day of Second Grade

My boy is in second grade. I cannot believe his is in second grade. He has been counting down the days until school starts. This boy was born for school. I told him last night that I did not think I would let him so go school, his answer... You have to, it's the law. Where did this boy come from. He has the funniest come backs sometimes that make us laugh so hard.

This will be his first year at a "big school" It is a private school so it is still pretty small but his firs two years, preschool and kindergarten were at a start up school with just a handful of student and then for first grade I homeschooled him. I think it is going to be an adjustment for all of us but good overall.

He is growing into such a great kid. He is my picky eater but he is learning to be quiet about it. He is a talker but usually has interesting facts to teach you. He loves to read. Comic books are a favorite right now. He is so sweet to his sisters. He has told me a few different times that he is really glad that we got our baby. And he plays well with LuLu.

I am excited to see how he does this year. I pray that he will make good decisions. That he will make friends and be a good friend. That he will do well with the school work and not get to distracted. I have a feeling we are in for a good year.

( My hard drive on my computer broke just before I was going to post this so it is a little late getting it put up. It is now the end of the week and he had a great week)

2 comments:

Larissa said...

i can not believe he is in second grade already!!! where in the world does time go??!!
congrats to him on his first week of real 'big school'- and for you too, for letting him go.

kddub said...

Hope he's still loving it! How exciting for him!