Monday, November 12, 2007

Only Two Weeks

I have not written about this yet because I am not sure how to put it all into words. About a month ago my husbands business decided to do a project that would require some traveling. My husband asked me to head it up and so I got to work on it. (I am being vague because they want to launch it all at once so I cannot say to much). The thing is, I am going to a country called Burkina Faso in two weeks. It is in West Africa. I will be going with journey mama and a lady that works at LJUrban. We met with one of the guys that is heading up the program in Burkina Faso last Friday and got a lot more details. LJUrban will be posting pictures and video on their web site after we get back. Then it will all come together. The main thing right now is that I am leaving for 10 days in two weeks. My mind is going crazy trying to think of everything that needs to be done before I leave.
I need reading material.
What should I wear?
Will it all fit?
I need to load my IPOD.
The laundry needs to be done.
And food in the fridge.
Will they really all be ok without me?
I know they will.
I am so very excited. I cannot even put into words what I am feeling. I hope to be able to explain it more when we return.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

that is so very cool!!
what a long time to be gone from your family for, but think of how much extra you'll love them all when you get home!! :)
i hope you have an amazing time and can't wait to hear more about it!!

kddub said...

I'm so excited for you. That will be an amazing experience!
There is so much to think about, and plan for. Everyone will be okay, but it's hard to believe, hugh?