Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another Bit of Wisdom That I Have Learned From A Book I Just Finished Reading.

I just finished this book called Life Is So Good about a black man's life who is 103 years old and learned to read when he was 98 years old. It was such a good book. He has so much wisdom and had seen so many different things in his life time. At the end of the book the man interviewing him asked what he thought was wrong with families that kids are shooting each other in schools and things like that. His answer was that he felt like it was the grown ups and this is why

He said some people grow kids and some raise them. He said that people grow hogs by feeding them, giving them somewhere to live, and making sure they do not get sick. He said that raising kids is a whole different thing. That to raise them you have to teach them, be there for them, love them, meet their emotional needs and so on.

I thought that was so well put. Some people see it as growing kids and some see it as raising them. I want to raise my kids. I thought it was well put.

He also said that a lot of people think that 100 years is a long time to live but that to him is seemed short. That time went by fast and that life just keeps getting better.

If you get a chance it is a great book to read. He is an amazing man and I learned a lot from the book.


As a side note, I am sure some people are wondering what is going on with the adoption. The fact of the matter is that there just has not been anything to tell about. We are just still in the waiting stage and there is not a lot going on. It has been hard to be patient but we know that it is going to be in God's timing. Also we know that at this point all we can do is wait so that is what we are doing. I promise I will post any news as soon as there is any. We are still 100% excited about it and ready for our new addition we just do not know when that will be. Patience is that word of the day around our house.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ordered the book today from half.com for $.75. if it sucks, i'm gonna make you pay for it. i'll read it and give you the good word.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book...I'll add tgat to my list of ones to read!

Unknown said...

Sounds great! I followed a link to you and noticed you posted about adoption. my Hubby and I are paperchasing our first daughter from China! Have a gppd weekend

Unknown said...

just got the book in the mail yesterday. won't be able to read it for a while, but am looking forward to it.