Friday, February 16, 2007

Wisdom Teeth

I survived the dreaded teeth pulling. I went in yesterday morning and am doing really good. I think I got myself to worked up about it. It was not as bad as I was thinking it would be. I have an amazing husband who has taken the kids for the weekend to Tahoe so I can rest. It is weird to not be doing anything. Usually when I have some time at home without the kids I have projects that I want to get done. This time I have been warned time and time again that if I do anything today I risk getting really sore and getting dry sockets which I really do not want. So I have had the perfect excuse to just lay around and do nothing.

I have some really great friends that have brought by flowers and soft foods and mind less magazines to read. It is like a mini vacation with a sore mouth. I am just hoping that I feel better tomorrow and that it does not get any worse.

I am really glad to have it over with. I have been putting it off for awhile and now it is just done and I do not have to think about it anymore. My husband is getting his done next month so it will be his turn to get a break with a sore mouth next.

I am going to go and enjoy every minute of this time because an excuse like this only comes around so often. The problem is that I am already missing my family.

3 comments:

kddub said...

I don't know if you've gotten to this part yet, but I remember the worst part for me was the taste in my mouth. And I remember being scared the first time I ate a chip... about a week or so later.
Yes, it is a great excuse to rest! Enjoy it!

Rebeca said...

I'm glad it's over for you! I had mine out when I was sixteen and it wasn't pleasant. Enjoy your rest!

devon said...

Ouch! I could just FEEL the throbbing when i was reading that you got that done. Yikes. When do you know it needs to happen? I guess i might keep mine for what the idea of having them out would be like.