Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentines Day





The day of hearts and candy and remembering the ones that we love the most. I LOVE Valentines Day. I have a soft spot for it and I do not really know why. I like it when the stores get all the pink and red stuff. I like to think about what I will do for my husband to show him that I love him. Now I get little things for my kids to and they love it. I know that some people do not like this holiday and think it is just a dumb made up holiday so that the card makers can make more money but I like it. I also know that it can be a time of year that people feel lonely but I think that it is an opportunity to make those people feel loved. Who says that we cannot give a friend some sugar cookies or send a card to a friend far away.

I like having holidays to help us stop our regular days and think about other people. We went to a friends house yesterday and had a sugar cookie baking party. It was a lot of fun and a good excuse to have a party. Tomorrow my kids will wake up and have a little hunt to where there card and small gift are but more than that we will talk about how much we love them and that is what they will remember down the road. Then my husband and I are lucky enough that my parents will have the kids that night and we are going to go on a double date with another couple. I am really looking forward to that.

It might be silly but I think that in February when it is cold and everything is dead and it seems like it will never be warm again it is nice to have some bright happy colors around and some pretty flowers and enjoy some cookies or candy. I makes me have a brighter day and I hope it does for other people also.

My kids have been having a couple of hard days. I am not really sure why but this morning we talked about how when you wake up you choose what kind of day you are going to have. So we sang the song

It's a good day and I thank God for the weather
It's a good day cause I'm living it for my Lord
Living each day by the promises of God's word


I hope that is helps them come out of their funk and I am looking forward to seeing them smile as they see that we went to the trouble to set aside a day to say I LOVE YOU.


2 comments:

Rebeca said...

I think I'm moer excited aobut Valentine's Day this year than ever before because Peregrine is so excited about it. And that's pretty contagious! Have a very happy day!

kddub said...

Cool pictures.... You know I have a collection of rocks that are shaped like hearts. I have found a lot like that.
Happy Valentines day, hope you had a good one!