Sunday, February 18, 2007

This is a pain, literally

So, I thought that I was recovering really well and then last night was not so good. I woke up at 1am and it took me until 4:30 to fall back to sleep because this one tooth spot was hurting so bad. I took pm pain medicine finally and then I slept until 9am. My family came home today and it was not how I had planned it. I had wanted to have everything in order so that when my husband got here there was nothing he needed to do and I would be totally refreshed. I was so sad that I was not doing better than I was. I have this fear that I have a dry socket which is my worst nightmare but I talked to my dad tonight and he does not think I do. I think it is just healing and painful in the process. So I will continue to take the strong pain medicine and hope that it passes soon. I feel really weird with the pain medicine and antibiotics but I feel worse with out the pain medicine so that is that.

Now that I have totally bored you with my update I will write a few points that are things that make me happy in hopes to get my mind off of the throbbing pain on the left side of my mouth.

1. A great big hug from my girl after not seeing her for way to long

2. The pure joy that my son expressed when telling me all about his ski lessons and how well he did

3. I am thankful that I really like soup since that is about all I have been eating for days

4. Friends who are so sweet and bring me flowers, magazines, and soft foods

5. A husband who enjoys being with his kids and does not make me feel bad about not doing much lately

6. Sitting and watching Nanny McPhee with my daughter which is what I am going to go do right now

2 comments:

kddub said...

I hope you feel better soon, I am so sorry that it is taking longer to heal. Did you get all 4 out? I've heard that the lower ones more painful than the upper ones, because there's the jaw, and more nerves, etc.
Drink some Jamba juice for me! (we don't have that out here, but it did help me through when I had my wisdom teeth out in CA.)
Get better soon!

Larissa said...

i'm sorry you are having such a miserable time with it!! i hope you feel totally better super soon, but make sure to enjoy the little break from normal!! ;) it sounds like you are....