Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lent, Teeth, BBQ, Kids, Life....

There are so many things on my mind lately. I blame it on having to stay home and rest for way to long. I know everyone is tired of hearing about my teeth but I have just one more update. On Tuesday I was still in a lot of pain so I called my dentist and he said I should come in and be seen. So, I take the kids thinking it will just be a quick pop in and I will be out of there. Boy was I wrong. He sits me down while the kids are playing in the waiting room and takes a look. Ends up I have the very dreaded dry socket. This is the thing that I was most afraid of, that I was very careful to avoid. I had been eating only liquids for almost a week. Well, what's done is done and needs to be taken care of. He numbs me up REALLY good and cleans it out OUCH! Then packs it with this stuff that smells and tastes horrible. Then sends me on my way. The kids were great but just did not really understand what had just happened to me so they just acted like they always do (asking a million questions, wanting lots of food) It all worked out ok and things are great now. I am still on the liquid diet but today is my first pain killer free day and it has been exactly one week. I feel bad for my family. It was not supposed to take this long to get better. My husband has had to take up a lot of the slack and I just have not been myself on the medicine but today is much, much better. I think things are going to be looking up from now on.


We as a family have decided to give up TV for lent. I have never done anything for lent before but my friend mentioned that she is giving up coffee for lent and I thought it was a good idea. The same thing happened when my son turned three. He developed a one track mind for television. It is not that I am against it, it is just that there are so many other things we can do with out time and my daughter has developed the same one track mind. I think a break for all of us will be good and it is good to talk to the kids about lent. We made a list this morning of things that we can do instead of watch tv and we came up with quite a few. Now if the kids ask to watch it I tell them to go pick something off of the list.

Me and the kids went to IKEA today to pick up a couple of things that I needed. They had all their new outdoor furniture and BBQ stuff out. It made me get really excited about the upcoming warm weather and then the excitement which is summer. I do not think I have looked forward to summer as much as I am this year. I do not know why but I am so excited about having people over for BBQ's, going to the river and lakes, swimming, parks, the beach, picnics, the list could go on and on. While I was at IKEA I picked up some cute summery napkins and a big beach bag. Let summer come quickly.

As a last little note I did a crazy thing today. I have been talking about cutting some bangs because I have been bored with my hair. I have been going to the same girl since before I had my daughter so almost 4 years. But today I went with my kids to Super cuts and had the girl cut my hair. Just some random girl and I just did it. So, I will post a picture so you can all see the crazy thing I did. I have not gotten used to them yet so I am not sure what I think.



2 comments:

devon said...

Hey, i like 'em! I recently went the bang route too. Fun! It does add a little fuss to my hair that i'm not used to, but thats not too much trouble. Hope to see you soon. At Alhambra Athetic Club, maybe? I've been going for two weeks... nearly every day! You just can't beat the 2 hours of FREE childcare a day! Maybe i should tip those girls though? But really, i like your look.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like them! They're light, not too different looking. It's been so long since I've seen you! I don't like it.