Thursday, August 02, 2007

August

It is August and summer is in full swing around here. We have been very busy in a good way, doing fun summer things. Summer has always been a favorite time of mine. As a kid it was a time without school, playing with friends all day long, and swimming. Now it is a time when we do not have as much of a schedule and we can spend our days doing all those summer things. I love to swim. It is one of my favorite things to do. Now watching my kids love it to is so much fun. They love the water. My son learned to swim last summer but this summer he is so much stronger and more confident. My daughter has no fear. She cannot swim yet but she is not afraid to get her face in the water, jump in off the side of the pool or go down a water slide. It is really nice to be able to share that love with my kids.

We are at lake Tahoe for our summer vacation and there is a lot of swimming going on here. We went to the lake on Tuesday, the pool yesterday and today we plan on doing a small hike that will take us to a swimming hole. My husband is leaving with the kids tomorrow and I am staying here while some girlfriends join me for the weekend. I am really looking forward to that. It should be some crazy fun with six moms and no kids.

My son starts school in a month. I have very mixed feelings about that. He is so excited and I know he will love it but I am going to miss him. I am used to having him around all the time and it will take some getting used to. When school starts we will have much more of a routine and that will be good but for now we are living it up. Soaking in every last drop of summer and swimming as much as possible

No comments: