Monday, August 06, 2007

My baby is six months old



Can this sweet girl really be six months old already? It does not seem possible. This girl. She is amazing. She is the sunshine in my day. The baby that I finally feel like I might have a handle on this parenting thing and I am enjoying babyhood. She is sitting up now, eating food, and trying to say da da. My husband is very proud. That has been all of our kids first word and it looks like it will be hers to. I am alright with it because now the other two say mama about 3,562 times a day and I can wait a little longer for another one to start saying it.

She is a true gift to us. I feel like I did not do anything to deserve such a great baby. It was like she was just handed to me out of nowhere just like a gift from a great friend. She adores her sister and brother and they adore her. They are eager to tell people that this is their sister with a great big grin on their faces.

They can make her giggle and laugh. They play with her and she is so happy. She is eating food with no problems. Whatever you give her, she eats. Sweet potatoes, great, peas, no problem, bananas, bring it on. She loves it all.

We get stopped in stores and restaurants all the time with people telling us how beautiful she is and happy. It is like the whole world knows that she is a very special girl. And she is.

Her hair is getting longer and I am having to learn how to do it and take care of it. It is a process of trial and error but I am getting the hang of it. Sometimes. I am not used to having to do anything with a babies hair but it is so curly and long. I might have to search out some wisdom from some women that know the tricks.

She is such a trouper. She just goes along with whatever we are doing and always with a smile on her face. She naps when she is tired, eats when she is hungry and is sleeping through the night almost every night now.

She is our little bird. When she was really little she made these little noises that sounded like a bird, so we call her our little bird. She is what we all revolve our lives around right now and it is good. She is a common bond that we all have. She is going to grow up knowing that her brother and sister think that world revolves around her and she will smile at them and their hearts will melt.

Our lives are so much better with our new addition. Our gift from God.

7 comments:

Larissa said...

she is so beautiful!! i can't wait to meet her. we're so happy for you guys and what a beautiful addition she is to your family!!

Larissa said...

p.s. i LOVE her little baby pudgi-ness, what a cutie!!!!

The Secret Life of Kat said...

I love the rolls! 6 month old babies are at the peak of cute baby chubbiness and your little girls in no exception. She's adorable!

kddub said...

I was very happy to meet her, she is so cute, sweet and very happy. It is so evident that God has his hand and blessing upon her and your family, I am so happy for all of you!

~(good job on her hair, so cute! And she looks good in white!)

Anna said...

She is just crazy adorable! I bet you can't stop kissing her.

(PS-Don't ya just love Trader Joe's?!)

Lulu Zacott said...

I stumbled upon ur blog and found out that your beautiful baby girl shares the same birthday with me! Feb 6 (perfect coincidence)
All your children are beautiful and what a great family you have there..You're blessed with all the good things.

Im not a mother yet but certainly hope to be blessed w this kind happiness one day =)

Regards from Malysia

Rebeca said...

What a beautiful girl! And what a blessing! I haven't been by in a while, and am amazed that she's six months already! It was nice to catch up a bit.