Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sick girls

The baby has been sleeping through the night for awhile now so we decided to move her crib into the girls room that they will be sharing. I had mixed feelings about it. My room looks so empty and sad but at the same time it is nice not to share it with a child. The girl was very excited about sharing with the baby and seemed so grown up all of a sudden.

The girl woke up when I checked on her before I went to bed with a fever. I took her temperature and then went to bed. A little while later I checked on her again and she wanted to come to my room. So I made her a little bed on the floor next to me and we went to sleep. She woke me up a couple of times and was so pitiful. I hate it when my kids are sick. I feel so helpless to make them better. The sickness just kind of has to run its course. She was sad that she missed out on her first night with the baby but she is really to sick to care to much. She has watched tv for hours on end. She has hardly moved at all. She still has a temperature and I feel so sad for her.

The baby had shots yesterday and is running a low fever also and spitting up over and over. I hate shots. It just seems so wrong to take a perfectly healthy baby and make them sick but I know it will pass soon. She is 21 lbs and 11 oz. A big girl for sure. The doctor said she looks really healthy and is meeting all the milestones that she should be. I am so thankful for this.

So, today is the day that I stay at home with two sick kids. It is hard because I feel bad for them but am I a bad mom if I admit that one day with my daughter not going full force is kind of a nice break?

4 comments:

Larissa said...

i hope your girls feel better soon!! it is so sad when they are just not themselves... but i have a guilty little secret that i kinda enjoy the extra cuddles and special time i get with mine when he's sick, too- so i definitely don't think that makes you a bad mom!!!
hopefully no one else gets sick and you're all back to normal soon!!

Lisa said...

No, you seem like a great mom! We just moved our little guy into his sister's room too. I think it's going as well as can be expected :)
Hope they're feeling better.

Molly said...

I am so sorry!I hate it when kids are sick. Although it is the times when we are really able to love on them. I really think they remember all those times when mom tryed to make them feel better. I know I do!

kddub said...

hope they are feeling better soon, poor girls!