Friday, August 10, 2007

My Friday Moment by Moment

7:15AM Wake up and bring baby into bed with me.

7:20AM Daughter joins us and moves me aside so she can play with the baby

7:25AM Realize we have a lot to do this morning and get us all up and out of bed

7:30AM Help son make 10 english muffins with jelly and butter to bring to his class. Everyone eats breakfast, I make coffee

8:00AM Sip some coffee, help son get dressed with minor melt down about the choice of clothes

8:15AM Get self dressed, make-up, hair, all in record time.
Another sip of coffee

8:30AM Feed the baby a bottle while directing the rest of the family about where their snacks are, the sunscreen ect...

8:45AM The baby spits up all over, clean it up, worry about why she is spitting up so much lately. Get knots out of babies hair while fielding daughters questions

8:55AM Husband and son are out the door, put Curious George on for daughter, put baby in bouncy toy, heat up coffee that is now cold, make my breakfast and read some of the paper while eating

9:30AM Curious George is over, get ready to go to the mall, can't find daughters other shoe, run back into the house three times for forgotten items.

10:00AM Get to the mall, strap baby in front carrier, put daughter in stroller

10:10AM Look for shoes for daughter

10:30AM Ride merry go round

10:40AM Continue looking for shoes. Find very nice sales lady who helps her try on 10 pairs of shoes. Daughter is feeling very proud and big. Decide on the pink, sparkly, light up ones.

10:50AM Thank sales lady profusely for making my daughters day

11:00AM Get in car and drive to store to buy double stroller after carrying 20lb baby around the mall all morning.

11:15AM Take care of daughters melt down

11:30AM Try out lots of strollers

11:45AM Wait for them to check the stock for the color I want

12:00PM Still waiting and holding 20lb baby. Remember why the double stroller is a must.

12:20PM Finally buying stroller

12:30PM Thankfully the nice man is helping us to the car. I am hot, hungry, and my arms are aching

1:00PM Home and put on a show for daughter when I realize naps will not be happening today. Friend brings lunch over. Eat and chat. A nice break to my kid filled day

2:00PM Clean up house, hold cranky baby, change laundry

2:20PM Make a snack for daughter, change baby for third time due to lots of spit up

2:30PM leave to pick up son from last day of summer camp

2:45PM Pick up son who is having so much fun he is not very happy to see me

3:00PM Get home and put daughter down for a rest, son in his room for some quiet time and me and the baby hanging out catching up on blogs and email

3:30PM Daughter is not going to rest, baby spits up all over me and I am ready for my husband to get home.

4:000PM Call husband, he is about an hour away, not to bad. Very thankful that it is Friday.

4:30PM Finally get the baby to sleep and break up a sibling squabble.

5:00PM My husband is finally home. He helps me put together the new stroller and takes the kids off my hands so I can sit and read and eat a snack.

6:00PM Go downstairs and make crepes for dinner. I felt like making something special and it takes a little longer than I expected but they are good.

7:00PM Finish dinner, my husband starts getting the girls ready for bed and I read the Emerald City of Oz (the fifth or sixth book in the series of Oz books) out loud to my son as he finishes dinner. Then he gets ready for bed.

8:30PM The kids are finally asleep, even the baby, I lay in bed not able to move after a long week. Read for a little while get ready for bed.

9:30PM Go downstairs and check the house. Close up for the night. Take son to the bathroom.

10:00PM Read some more to fall asleep

10:30PM Go to sleep

4 comments:

Larissa said...

sounds like a fun day!! ;)
isn't what we do, as stay at home moms, kinda like a permanent vacation though?? that's what i heard, anyway.... ha ha. you're a great mom!

Larissa said...

p.s. do you mind if i ask what kind of stroller you got and if you like it? we're about to be in the market for one (double)... thinking about a sit-and-stand, but not sure on anything yet??

kddub said...

....and we wonder why we don't have time for housework, or anything else?.... busy day, glad it was Friday for you too, hope you had a restful, good weekend, and got to (at least) grocery shop alone or something! (Friday for me is Monday... yeah that's tomorrow!)

Anna said...

Oh, man. I'm exhausted from just reading about your day. Hope you got some rest this weekend!