Thursday, June 22, 2006

Life with kids



It is Thursday and I am sitting here just waiting for my daughter to take a nap. My husband has been gone all week and will not be back until tomarrow. I really need her to take a nap. Why is it that the days that you really need them to sleep they just don't and the days that it is no big deal they take a 2 or 3 hour nap. I just might loose it if she does not sleep.

It is hot here this week. In the 100's and it is hard to find stuff to do with the kids that we don't just melt doing. We went to a singing class at the library today and yesterday we went to the pool. My oldest is out of school for the summer so I have to find stuff that we can all do together.

I am also in the middle of planning a birthday party for my husband. It is on Sunday and we are playing kickball. I hope it does not end up being to hot. This is the first time I have put on a party where the men coming to the party are actually excited.

So, not a lot to write about and my brain cells are pretty much fried from taking care of the kids 24 hours a day for a week. But I thought I would share a little story.

Last night my husband did come home for the night. He got here late and left kind of early but at least he was here for a little bit and I did not have to sleep in an empty bed. Anyway, when he woke up this morning he could not find either of his pillows. That's right they were just gone. He looked all over with no memory of taking them anywere are anything. He finally found them in the washing machine. He must have put them there in his sleep. Am I married to a crazy man?

3 comments:

devon said...

That sounds crazy! Levi, how did you do that and not remember?! I can't wait for Sunday, we will embrace the heat if it has to be, and it will be a blast! Can i bring anything? Sams big day was super fun and hes excited that you brought a present by the house, he can't wait to get home to the presents. We left them all there, anticipating being there today, but we couldn't have been happier up here!

Elena said...

Now that's a good man! Doing chores in his sleep!

1weirdgirl said...

in the washing machine? what a crack up... too bad he couldn't have grabbed a load of laundry too while he was at it!
i feel ya 'bout the refusing to nap thing... it's like they're telepathically equipped to know just the right times to throw us moms off... like it's fun for them or something...