Saturday, August 19, 2006

Family Vacation


We are up at Tahoe right now on the first solo family vacation in a very long time. It was much needed. I felt like I had lost control with my kids. It was not their fault but we were just not connected like we should be. So, a trip to the mountains, by ourselves was just what we needed. They are in the hot tub with their dad right now so I am enjoying a little time to myself. It is always so hard to decided what to do with that time. I have so many things on my list. But I decided that sitting out on the porch, listening to a live DJ and updating my blog was a good choice. I love it up here at Squaw Valley. There is always something different going on. Sometimes there is a live band, sometimes a DJ we have enjoyed miniture golf, a oversized game of checkers, little kids pools and later this week there will be a film festival. At the same time it is very restful and you can go in your room and pretend like there is nothing going on and totally relax. I hope that we are building memorable times with our kids and that they will benifit from being away with just us and no other interuptions. When Levi and I first talked about buying this condo up here I was really not sure about it. I was worried that maybe we would not want to come here all of the time because we are the kind of people that really like to try different things and I thought we would just feel tied down. I also worried that we would look like snobs and that is the last thing I want. He wanted it for us, for the people who work for him, and to be able to bless others by letting them come here. He felt really good about it and so I went with it. Now about 6 months later I am so glad that we did. We have been totally blessed by being able to come here but so have so many other people. My family has used it, his family, people from other countries and friends that work very hard and just need a rest. I am so happy that the Lord is willing to use us in this way. We have a guest book here at the condo and I love reading it when we come here and see just how many people were able to get away, rest, and enjoy God's creation. He is a good God that loves all of us and uses all of us in so many different ways.

No comments: