Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

Today is our last day of vacation. It has been wonderful. It has also been longer than we were expecting. You know it has been a good vacation when you and the kids are ready to go home. I am always so happy after a vacation because I am ready to cook again and it feels like a fresh new start. I end up with so many ideas that I want to do and I am able to get a new perpective on life. We decide what we want to continue doing and what we want to not do anymore. We get a new outlook on what is important in our lives and what we should live without.
I am also going back to beautiful new floors that some very wonderful and hard working guys have been working on for us. I am so very thankful. They will be done now in time for our soup night and it is also in the room that will become our homeschool room so that makes me so happy. I am looking forward to going home and getting the room all set up for our first day of school.
That is the other thing that I am really excited about. I have been really working on figuring out what program to do with my boy and non of them were very exciting. Then I read this blog and the lady homeschools her two kids and uses a program called Charlotte Mason and it is perfect! I then found a web site that layed it all out for me and told me what books to order and it even has a sample schedule that you can follow if you want. So I spent a lot of time yesterday ordering all that I will need to start school and now we are just waiting for it to be delivered.
My husband had to go to work today but we are finishing out our last day. My mom is coming up and I think we are going to go swimming. My girl is so tired that I do not know how long we will last but then we will head home. Tahoe has been very good to us and I will miss waking up to the beautiful mountains right outside. But home is sweet and I am all charged up to get things in order. I just hope the feeling lasts long enough to get stuff done.

No comments: