Thursday, August 24, 2006

More Tahoe





We have been

*hiking
*swimming
*biking
*and just hanging out in the condo


We are having such a great time. We found a beautiful beach all to ourselves that we never wanted to leave. We went on a bike ride to a playground where the kids had a good time playing hide and seek. Levi took the kids hiking one morning and they had a wonderful time. My parents took the kids for a night and Levi and I had some good alone time. We did a really hard hike and made it to the top of this big mountain. It really felt good to accomplish a feat like that. Overall we have just had some really good quality family time.

Today was a weird day. I woke up to the phone ringing and it was the girl that I am going to be a doula for. She said that her water had broken and they were on their way to the hospital. So, I got ready really fast and headed to the hospital. I made it there just a bit after them and they were monitoring her. It ended up that they sent her home because they did not think her water really broke or just did a little and her contractions were not very hard or consistent. So I hung around for awhile to see if something would happen. I had lunch with a friend, checked on our house and stuff, and then talked to her. She said nothing was different and that I should go ahead and come back to Tahoe, so that is what I did. We are planning on staying here through the weekend while some really great guys work on our floors at home. I am so excited about that! So, as long as I do not get another call from her we are going to finish out our wonderful vacation. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

1 comment:

devon said...

yay! The time is close then, and you will be right by her side to welcome a new little wonder to the outside world. I would definately have you at my future births except Scott and i are going to take precautions against having babies, but maybe you would even be someone to talk to about that. But soup night sounds good, and we should talk then, or sooner.