Sunday, August 13, 2006

Life

It has been a good week. We have gotten back into the swing of things. We had some friends stay the weekend with us and that was a lot of fun. We have decided to homeschool for sure this year and we have officially moved on to the next step of our adoption. It is the part where we have to just gather together a lot of paperwork so that is what we are working on right now. I feel good about the decisions we have made lately and God has really given me and my husband peace with what we are doing. It feels like a lot of changes at once but I think that it is all for a reason.

My parents are taking the kids tonight and tomarrow and my husband and I are really looking forward to some time together. It is weird because we wait for this to happen and then we always go totally blank when it comes to figuring out what to do. I guess it does not really matter what we do as long as we are togther.

We are enjoying our last bit of summer and I am going to be spending this time getting ready to homeschool and figuring out exactly how I am going to do it. I pray that the Lord gives me direction and that I can figure it all out. It is a new adventure and I am excited to see what happens.

One of my favorite things right now is listening to my girl sing. She puts her whole self into it and means it with her whole heart. She is a joy to have in this family.

This is scattered and random but that is kind of what my life is like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's exciting that you are going to homeschool this year. I'm sure you will do a great job!

devon said...

You'll be doing this for your son, and i think for all of us. I think homeschooling ill be our choice hen that day comes, and i'll have a lot of questions for ya. You go girl!

Carrien Blue said...

My does this tugging thing everytime I read about someone adopting, but it's not the right time for me. YAy for you.

I've been on the homeschooling wagon since before my kids were born. If you want me to point you at some books and resources I'd be happy to. My Milly homeschooled her 8 kids so really I just regurgitate what she taught me, but really I want that kind of experience to help me out.