Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's a boy!

A beautiful baby was born last night. I was asked to be a doula and the woman had her baby last night. It has been a long journey for her, from starting to go into labor at 32 weeks and being put on bed rest to being induced 10 days late. I got there at 5p.m. and they had started her on pitocin at around 4p.m. She labored really well and her husband was a great support. I was amazed at how well she did. She stayed calm and really just took one contraction at a time. Then she delivered a very healthy 9lbs. 9oz. baby completely naturally! We were all shocked. He is just perfect and the mom and baby are doing well. I am so glad that I got to be a part of such an amazing miracle.

1 comment:

kddub said...

Congratulations! I imagine it was an amazing experience. You would make a great doula, a calm reassuring presence. So are you hooked now, are you going to do this again?