Monday, September 04, 2006

I Love Three Day Weekends

We have been having a great weekend. It is the last holiday before school starts and summer goes away. We stayed home considering that we had been gone for so long but we have had a very productive and restful weekend. We painted what is going to be the "school room", I got it all organized, we cleaned the house, we did other ramdom projects around the house, moved my daugther to a " big bed", and today we went to an art thing in the park and later after naps we are off to a BBQ. Overall we have just had a good time as a family and getting things in order to start our new adventure of homeschooling. The kids are so excited they can hardly stand it. I feel prepared now and things are in order so I can relax and enjoy the rest of the day. Tomarrow night is also our first " soup night" and we are looking forward to seeing how it goes. I hope people come, eat, and have a good time. So, for the rest of this day I am going to enjoy the tail end of our three day weekend which I think is one of my favorite things. It is like that extra added bonus that you were not expecting.

2 comments:

kddub said...

Sounds like a productive weekend. What room is going to be the school room?
~kristin

Rebeca said...

Thanks for your prayers and care right now. It's a blessing.
I'm so glad you've decided to homeschool. I'm planning on it too and the more I've learned about it the more excited I am. There's just so much you can do, and you can make learning fun and natural and maintain good relationships with your kids.
Are you using Ambleside Online? I like what I've read about Charlotte Mason and have some friends who use her ideas. I definitely want to use something that's literature based.
There is a great homeschooling blog community called homeschoolblogger. I have a blog there and have learned so much from others there. I also wanted to mention one of my favorite blogs there because one of the women has adopted from Guatemala and has posted their adoption story. The address is www.homeschoolblogger.com/reformingmama. My blog there is same address only rebeca instead of reformingmama.I post a lot of the same stuff but also more school type stuff. Anyway, you may already have a lot of support and encouragement with homeschooling but this has been a great resource for me so I thought I'd let you know if it would be helpful to you. It's a really neat online community where people share ideas and pray for each other, etc.
I'd love to hear more about your adoption journey,and I hope school goes really well for you!
Sorry this was so long!
Blessings, and thanks again for your prayers.
Rebeca