Monday, September 11, 2006

Life Right Now

Ever feel like you are playing catch up all day long? There is so much to do and not enough time or energy. On the other hand does it really matter if I put all the clean clothes away today or tomorrow. Will anyone suffer if I don't pick up the toys today and just wait until tomorrow? When do I pass the line of being lazy and just trying to enjoy life? These questions go around in my head a lot these days.

I am not a person that likes to have a " right way" to do everything. Some weeks it works to do a meal plan and make dinner every night, other weeks we eat take out almost every night. There are times when I like to have my days planned and know what to expet. Other times I like to wake up and say " let's go to the beach and have a picnic".

We had a good weekend. We went on a couple of bike rides, we went out with friends and no kids one night. My dad came and went to church with us where we celebrated the churches one year anniversary. It was exciting to see how much the church had grown in the year that we have been there. I did a ton of laundry and we ended the weekend by riding our bikes to one of our families favorite places The Big Spoon. It is this self serve frozen yogurt place that has more toppings than you could dream of and it is all self serve so you can pick any mixture that you want and pile it on. The kids love it. I love it. We left very happy.

Today we continued on with our homeschooling and it is going well. We even did two math lessons because my son was so into it. My daughter is pretty much potty trained and that is a nice feeling. She is also a big handful and a very funny girl. She keeps us laughing all day long.

We start community Bible study this week and I am looking forward to the study of Acts. I think I will learn a lot and make some new friends.

We are also going to go visit my great-grandma tomorrow who is not in very good health. She is such an important person in our family and it is so sad to watch her body start to give out. I will write a whole post on her soon because there is so much to say.

So, now I am going to go and decided if I am going to put all those clothes away today or tomorrow?

1 comment:

kddub said...

Put the clothes away tomorrow!!!
I will be praying for your grandma.