Thursday, July 27, 2006

God is good

I need to give an update after that last depressing entry. I am feeling much better and I think it was just a little break down but God still cares about those things. This morning my friend, Vanessa came by with muffins in the morning and we had coffee and muffins and a little bit of conversation. Then I took my daughter to this singing time at the library and joined another friend there. The kids played and sang and then they invited us over for lunch. It just made my day. I realized that I do have friends and that it is normal to somedays feel lonely but I guess I just needed a reminder. I then went to this skin lady for an appointment that I had today and she put this mask/peel on me that made my face orange for 6 hours. I am talking bright orange. Let me just tell you that my kids had a good laugh when I got home looking like that. So, now I am off to bed feeling much better and ready to face another day. I am always amazed at how much God cares about all of our little things. What a good God we serve.

2 comments:

1weirdgirl said...

it's funny, i think we are a lot alike... i relate so much to your last post and this post... i go between the two often actually.. maybe that is where we differ... sometimes it is really hard for me to believe that the friends i do have are even really my friends.. it's really weird.. i'm not sure where it comes from..
anyway, God is always faithful to remind me of things and His goodness, and the worst is when i doubt His love.
Anyway, that is all to say that i wish i had gotten to hang out with you a lot more when i lived out there.. i have the hardest time making friends.. in fact most of the ones i have were, in some ways, practically forced on me... i don't mean that in a bad way, but it is either, i lived with them at the land or flat for a long time,or at the school in oregon, or they sought me out in some way and intensely enough to keep it going...
i always wonder if there is something wrong with me beyond my shyness... cuz i';m not that shy when i get around people i am comfortable with, but getting to that point is so hard, andeven then i get all these weird fears...
anyway, i just want you to know, that if i was still living in sac, i would love to hang out with you, have some coffee, go to the pool, whatever.. i just think you're a really gentle and sweet person, someone i would really like to be around...
you smile a lot and have good things to say, and i don't think there is any reason i wouldn't want to hang out... except for me fearing that you didn't like me or something, but i get that all the time...
anyway.. glad to hear you're better and feel uplifted again...
God is good!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm trying out this commenting thing... first time ever, so be impressed!?
Anyway, wanted to tell you that I'm so glad you needed that muffin and coffee morning as much as I did cause with moving and birthdays and craziness, I've felt like I've been 'going' and 'doing' a lot but not so much just relating as I'd like and I definitely have missed it with you! In fact, if for no other reason, I'm glad that 'GG nights' will soon return so we can have some dedicated time.
I feel super behind with you guys, though I talk to your husband almost every day, I dont feel like I really know about you guys (and you, in particular!) unless we talk it over. So with this adoption thing and even your trip to Montana, I feel behind... let's do some house dropping by or some cafe time or hiking or bike rides (we were so good at that last year) or something when you get back!
So glad we're in it together and I so hope you know that we are (in it together, I mean)!!