Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Mother of All Iced Teas


I love iced tea. When I was in high school we went to this place called Taco Tree. It has the best nachos and what we called the mother of all iced teas because it is a huge cup. Some of my best memories are going there with friends and then when I met my husband I took him there. It is the little test to see if he would like it or not. Good thing he loves it as much as me. Now my kids love it also. It feels good to know that I am passing down the love of Taco Tree.

It has been really hot all week and they say it is not going to get better any time soon. The best thing on a hot day to me is to sit inside with the a/c on, watch a good movie and drink lots and lots of iced tea. Now that I have kids it seems to be a lot harder to do all that but I at least still can have the iced tea.

This summer has been really crazy. It seems like there is just always a lot going on. My son has been taking swimming lessons and he is really swimming now. I cannot believe it! Swimming is one of my favorite things to do so I am so happy that he will be able to be confident in the water. That is one of my main goals as a mother is to have kids that love the water and are comfortable in the water.

With July wrapping up here soon we are all looking forward to August. The first week we are going to go to Montana to visit my husbands sister and her husband and three kids. That is going to be a lot of fun. We will come back for about a week and a half and then we are going to go up to Tahoe for a week. I am really looking forward to some family time and enjoying the last of summer before we get back to school and the daily life stuff.



On a side note:

How did we end up with two of the loudest kids in the world? They think that they need to literally yell at all times to be heard.

Why must my daughter do everything by herself? That takes a lot of patience.

Why does my son have to give me the play by play of everything he has ever seen in his entire life? I kind of zone out and make the right sounds so that he thinks that I am listening but I can only listen to the " funny thing that happened on Tom and Jerry " so many times before I go crazy

Why is it that even when they are making me feel like I just might loose my mind that they melt my heart by that one little look or kiss or hug and I am ready to do it all over again the next day?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really craving a mother of all right now, it's been a while since I've had one. I can't believe how hot it is and it's ten degrees cooler here.

devon said...

Good things. I am feeling you on that side note, those sweet moments erase the memory of the harder stuff and then we go forward better mommies.

Rae said...

It really really demands patience when they don't even know what they want, to do it themselves or have you do it for them. My family used to drink pretty much only iced tea in the summer... my mom would put a bunch of tea bags in a gallon jar and brew it in the sun, then add the lemon and sugar and stuff... mmmm.