Sunday, October 08, 2006

I am a pro at the ER

I spent all of yesterday sitting in the emergency room once again with my very sick husband. He has been sick for a week and not seeming to be improving. Then yesterday he seemed worse, very weak, light headed. So, we took him back in. My mom and dad were so nice to take off of work so that they could take the kids. It was such a relief that I did not have to worry about them also. I was kind of freaking out. It just was hitting me that he might be really sick and what if it was something really serious. Anyway, he went in, they did a ton of tests, they said that he was sick but they do not know the exact cause of it, to go home and rest and see a doctor on Monday. Skip to today and he is resting, reading, watching movies, and trying to eat. At first it sounds kind of nice but for my husband he is about to jump out of his skin ( except that he does not have the energy to do that) He is eating wierd things like jello, chicken broth, and rice. I am trying to make sure that he is getting enough to drink and eat and keep him company. All of this is a lot easier to do without two little kids running around. We are enjoying the peace and quiet. I do not know what I would do without my parents. They have been so good to me and caring and generous and the kids are so happy. My son caught a 20in fish that broke his fishing pole and my daughter gave it a great big kiss. Today they are going to some farms that are having a kind of open house. I am sure they are having a blast. Me, I am trying to take advantage of not having them here and getting ready for the week. I am going to clean, get ready for school next week, and get some paper work done. This whole thing has made me appreciate my husband so much more and realize that we are really blessed to have each other. I do not know how long it will take for him to get better but I am praying that I do not forget all that I have learned through this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to say on here thank you Jessie. You have been the best wife ever to me through all of this and I appreciate you so much, Your strenght amazes me. You would do great on the amazing race!

Thanks I love you!

devon said...

Gave it a KISS!!!!!!! EEWWwww. But i do hope someone got a picture! is that bad or what? So was this ginormous fish a catfish? on a pond? On another note... i feel bad that Levi loaded the bicycle into our truck and not me tonight. it all happened so fast and i don't think i could have stopped him, hes too much of a gentleman. he was looking super healthy and told scott hes feeling better, this is good. We should definately take a ride on all our new bikes as families. that would be a lot of fun.