Thursday, October 19, 2006

Star Light, Star Bright...

I thought that I would share with you the great evening that I just had. My husband has been out of town all week so it has been just me and the kids. We decided to go to Tahoe and stay at the condo that we have here. It has been really nice but I was so tired today. My girl has decided that she does not need naps anymore even though she acts tired and we all know that mama needs a nap. But after I made dinner I decided to take them to the hot tub even though I was exahusted. We got there and it was just getting dark. The clouds were pink and blue and grey and just beautiful. Then it started getting dark enough to see stars so I said the old rhyme "star light, star bright first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight. Then we all took turns making a wish.
My son, wished that we would all stay a family forever ( broke my heart)
My daughter, wished for a pink dancing dress ( that's my girl)


On a side note. My daughter lives in a pink world. She says she wants things pink that you cannot have in pink like a pumpkin, or a lake tahoe. All she can think about is pink. I might say, I want the chocolate one she will reply, I want the pink one. It just goes on and on all day every day. She has also started this imaginary world that does not know when to stop. She can make anything a toy and she just goes into this other world. We put her in her booster seat and strapped her in so that she would have to stay sitting with us at dinner, a few minutes later her spoons are having a converstation and we do not even exist. This morning she woke up at the crack of dawn so I pulled her into bed with me hoping to get a little more sleep. She started an entire world with mamas and daddies and all kinds of stuff going on. At 6 in the morning! I do love to listen to her play and it is like a little peek into her mind. When my husband was sick the people in her little world were sick alot, now with him out of town, they are gone a lot or on an airplane. It can be frustrating when I am trying to get her atention long enough to get dressed or to eat something but I know that this will be gone too fast and so I am going to enjoy being a little fly on the wall in her world and listening in on her imaginary world.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Luella is soooo cute. Kenya always talks about dancing dresses since we stayed with you guys. I wish they could hang out more often!

Carrien Blue said...

My Girl does the same thing, though I think she's older. I still love to peak into her mind at what's going on in her world.

essays for sale said...

I read a lot, but you have found really useful advice, it is very clear and interesting set out, there is no excess water, and the look of people who actually have experience in such matters.