Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Roller Coaster

Up... We are at the doctor for a routine blood test for the adoption process. We get it done and are on our way. No big deal. I have done it every time I have been pregnant which I thought was interesting that I had to do it again for the adoption.

Down... I get a call while at Costco with the kids. It is the doctor that we had just seen for our physicals. She tells me that my husband needs to be seen tomorrow because his blood tests came back and it looks like he might have diabetes. Not good news. Your blood suger is supposed to be around 75 to 95 or maybe 100. His was 310! So no sleep last night and a very large knot in my stomach all day today. I could hardly concentrate all day. My husband saw the doctor at 10am and they took another blood sample.

Up... My husband comes home from work at almost 4pm and calls the doctor. They call right back and tell us that his new blood test came back at 93. Thank you God!!! He is totally fine and the first test was just a mess up somehow. I am so glad.

I really do feel like I have been on a roller coaster. I felt like we should celebrate but I was so worn out from worrying all day that I just want to go to bed. All I can say is that I have a new found respect for our health and am thankful that the Lord has kept us all well.

3 comments:

devon said...

Dang, thats rough, why does this always happen to you? But our sovereign God is in control, you are His little family and we will trust him with you even if the rollercoaster keeps on...

Rae said...

Wow, I'm so glad he's okay. You've been blasted with the health lately, huh? Maybe just opposition to your opening up of your family. God has you covered, though.

kddub said...

how scary! I am glad that everything is okay with him though.