Sunday, October 15, 2006

T.V. Shows

I kind of have this love/hate relationship with the telivision. We do not watch a lot of tv but I am sure we watch more than some people, less than others. We have three shows that we watch on a regular basis. Gilmore Girls, The Office, and The Amazing Race.

Gilmore Girls is my show. I have been watching it forever and I have not missed very many episodes. I love the humor, the love, the realationships and the escape from reality.

The Office: What can I say. This is something that my husband and I look forward to. We laugh, and laugh. It is a half hour that we just sit and enjoy ourselves, together.

The Amazing Race: This one is not as popular so maybe you have not seen it but it is a family favorite. It is on Sunday evenings and we all watch it together. There are teams of two that are racing around the world for a million dollars. There are things they have to do to get their next clue and so on. We each pick a team that we think will win. Last season my son picked the winning team on day one. This season my team is already gone, my husbands team has turned on each other and just not really any fun to watch, my son picked the young guys ( who are doing pretty well and are nice) my daughter picked the young, blond girls ( who are also doing very well and are very nice)

I say all that to say that I think that kids are pretty intuitive. I think some kids more than others but I think they all have it in them more than adults. I wonder what makes that happen. Do we lose that as we get older? Do we stop listening to that little voice or feeling that we have inside? My daughter will pick out a girl from a room full of girls as the " one that she likes" and it will turn out to be the nicest girl there.

So, will it be the young girls or the young guys this time?
I will let you know in the end.

3 comments:

kddub said...

I like the new layout, it looks good. We watched Amazing Race all together last year. It's a good show.
I do think kids are more intuitive, like when they are scared of somebody, sometimes I thinK they can sense a persons uncomfortableness and uncertainty.

devon said...

I love the amazing race, been watching it for 2 years, since we moved here to Sac. Of course in the ministry there was never any tv, so once i got here i got hooked on some shows and thats one. I feel like i'll root for the girls because no girl pair has ever won, but sometimes closer to the end i switch up. See you tomorrow, as long as all goes well.

buy assignment said...

Purely accidentally "bumped" on your website, and not depart from computer for 3 hours. Articles are very utility, tips - applied to the lives of everyone.