Monday, October 30, 2006

Birthday Weekend


My birthday is not until the 7th of November but we decided to celebrate it early because that is what worked for us. So this last weekend we went to the beach. My husband, kids and me. We left Saturday morning and took our time driving to the beach. Along the way we would stop and the kids would give me a gift and let me open it. It was such a fun way to spread it out and enjoy each gift. The first that I opened was the movie The Mod Squad. It is the first movie that Levi and I watched together when we first realized that we liked each other. I could not believe that he thought of that and bought it for me. So thoughtful. The next was a book by Real Simple about party planning that I was so excited about. I love getting new ideas for parties and then throwing a party and having everybody enjoy it. Then I opened a present from my son that he picked out and payed for himself. It was some really cute magnents that have Christmas trees on them. He is so thoughtful. Then when we finally reached the beach I opened the last one. It was a card that had a membership card for a local gym in it that I have been wanting to go to for awhile. I was so excited. Not only do I get to go but it is all done for me and all I have to do is walk in and start swimming. That is what I love to do for excersise and they have a great pool. This was a very sweet present. Then we spent a wonderful time at the beach. It was really warm and the kids even went in the water. They built a big sand castle and just played for a long time. Then we went to a hotel and relaxed and just had some nice family time. The next morning had been day light savings time so we were up extra early. So we decided to go into San Fransisco and show the kids around and do a little shopping. Then we headed home and my daughter and I slept almost the whole way home. It was a perfect birthday celebration. I am so thankful for my family but most of all for a husband that cares so much about me and my happiness.

I went to the gym this morning and swam and it was just amazing. I have felt good all day and just having that time to myself is so nice. I am looking forward to going again tomorrow. How did I get so lucky to marry a man like him?

3 comments:

kddub said...

That sounds wonderful, Happy early birthday!

Unknown said...

i'm giving you an internet high five right now.

Rae said...

I like how Levi has one shoe off and one shoe on in that picture. I'm so glad that you had a good birthday celebration, happy birthday!