Wednesday, October 11, 2006

We are better

I am happy to report that my husband is much better. After spending another day in the emergency room we went home. Sunday was spent resting and being sick because my parents had the kids so we were able to really rest. Then that night we realized that maybe he was having a bad reaction to the antibiotics. So he stopped taking them that night and by the next morning he was feeling much better. We had a doctors appointment scheduled that day so he went to that and she said that he was having a reaction and that he should throw them away and never take those again. It was a such a good feeling to know why he was still sick and to see him actually improving. I do not know why we did not think of it sooner but now we know. My husband is very sensitive to everything. ( caffein, alcohol, medicine) So now we know to be much more careful about what his is taking and how he is reacting to what he is taking.

So now life goes on....
I love this time of the year. It is my favorite. I like the weather, the food, the holidays, everything about it. We are planning on going to a pumpkin patch on Friday and I think I am just as excited as the kids. My husband is going to be able to come with us and that makes me really happy also. We are having a great time homeschooling and we are going to be studying Christopher Columbus tomorrow.
This weekend we go to our second class for the adoption. After this class we can start meeting with a social worker and then things really start moving along. We are getting really excited.
It is so weird to see yourself in one of your kids. My son has started to do things that I remember doing as a kid. He has a book with him where ever he goes, he likes to be in on all of the conversations, and he loves holidays and doing projects.
My daughter is just a light in our house. She makes us laugh and cares so much. Every night when we put her to bed she wants to pray for our grandma ( the one she is named after) but she is very specific about what she wants to pray for. She wants to pray that grandma gets chocolat. It makes me smile every time she says it.

So, now I am hoping to get our live back to normal. I want to meal plan, and actually cook dinner for my family. I want to go out and do things together. I want to just get back to being us.

1 comment:

devon said...

Ahh, the planning of days and meals and trips. It is a good thing that i too am beginning to embrace. You are a good source of inspiration for accomplishment Jesse. I love that you keep up here with the haps and i always check to see whats new. Have fun out at the pumpkin patch!